All Things Spiffy

Saturday, September 9

Promises

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I mean, just what is the purpose of making a promise to someone? Is it a test of your own willpower? Of your love, or friendship?

Earlier today, I popped into Orchid's shop to chat. Just as I entered, I saw Ranmaru down on one knee, proposing to Aryia. Afterwards, we began talking about ceremonies, handfasting and the like. Someone there, I don't recall who, brought up that marriage is 'forever'. Correcting them, I said that it was silly to promise yourself forever, since you're inevitably breaking that promise the moment you die.

I had always made certain that when I made a promise to somebody, I kept it, no matter what I had to do. I was careful with the promises I made so that I could be sure I was able to see them through. That is, until recently. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Ok, that's not entirely true. I do know how I feel about it. And it's pretty frustrating. It's not something I wanted to do. So now I have to figure out what to do next.

All of this is seriously damaging my fun.

7 Everyone else's two cents:

Post a Comment

<< Home