All Things Spiffy

Thursday, November 23

Fire and Gems

Zillah crossed the line. I knew he would. I waited for it. Nadia told me it was fine with her should I decide to show him the bad end of my flamethrower. The other day, I did just that. I warned him I would. Repeatedly. But, Zillah being Zillah, he doesn't catch on very quickly. So I made the threat more personal. I probably shouldn't have. But I wanted him to know I was serious when I told him to stop.

I've carried out half of what I said I'd do. He felt my wrath. And he knows I full well plan to continue the rest of my promise. I have always been one to carry out a threat. Lately, I'm all the more focused. Quite possibly because of this vampire thing. I don't know. I reminded Zillah again as he lay there with his flesh steaming, that I would finish what I told him I'd do. I felt a little bad bringing Lime into it, but hey, strike where it hurts the most, right?

The following day, a bunch of us sat at the villa discussing this and that. Chara brought Poetry by. I hadn't seen Poetry in some time, really. I was a bit surprised when Chara told me about her. But, if it works for them both, so be it. Vampires have this knack for ignoring the conscious. Or simply don't have one. That's where I know I'm not quite a vampire.

Joel left for a time, only to return a bit jittery. Irritatingly so, in fact. He kept fidgeting until I practically sent daggers at him with my eyes. And so he said he wanted to talk to me privately. Into my room we went, I was almost annoyed. Happens easily these days, but still all that fidgeting...

I sat in my favorite chair as he hovered. He could see I was annoyed. He lowered his eyes to the floor. Now I was curious and annoyed. He walked over to me, dropped to a knee and told me that he loved me. In the same breath, he asked me to be his wife.

Honestly, with all that's been going on with me lately, I was feeling a little like I was neglecting Joel. And I most likely was. He kept telling me that he would stay by my side. He told me this again as he asked me to marry him. I couldn't tell him yes. I didn't tell him no. I explained that I had to think about it. With all that has happened, I needed a few days. He seemed content with the temporary answer, and we returned to the crowd.

Then I told Nadia. She stormed back into the villa, and I could hear the frustration in her voice as she screamed at him. I just shook my head and waited for her to vent and return to the atrium.

I have a lot of thinking to do in the next couple of days.

14 Everyone else's two cents:

Post a Comment

<< Home